Friday, September 9, 2011

Kill For God?

"Kill for God?" is my anti-war drawing, a message to my Christian brother's and sisters who feel that any war done in the name of God is just and is blessed by God. But I feel this is wrong since this is completely opposite of what Jesus would have done.

Other wars have been done in God's name such as what Constantine did and during the Crusades, where people were forced to become Christians or they die. It hurts our reputation and that we as Christians have to tell everyone these kinds of wars do not represent us.

To understand more of how I feel, read "The Myth Of A Christian Nation" by Gregory A. Boyd. You can buy it used off Amazon for a penny in hardcover.

If you disagree with me, I'll respect that, but please try to understand my point of view.

2 comments:

  1. I know that it isn't in context but....

    They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. ~John 16:2 KJV~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. We shouldn't force people. Jesus never taught that. We are the children of light and peace.

    ReplyDelete